Cats on Sunday, 8/6

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Abster

Reaction score
DRitter and I are talking about doing the Cats on Sunday. Route still TBD. Meeting at 8am at Pinkham. Good company is more than welcome.

Please let us know. Thanks.

Hanna

Hey Hanna,

I'm interested in joining you if this hike isn't gonna be more miles than I'm comfortable with. Did you decide on a route yet? What time are you leaving on Sunday? Could I ride with you? Anyway, I'll talk to you before Sunday. I'm dying to get out and play! Hope to hike with you!
Jen

Hi Jen,

That would be great! Of course we could carpool. The hike shouldn't be more than 10 miles, but it is fairly steep. Damon was talking about going up one of the ski trails, but I haven't heard back from him yet.

We are supposed to be meeting at Pinkham at 8:30am on Sunday.

Let's talk.

Han

Abster said:
DRitter and I are talking about doing the Cats on Sunday. Route still TBD. Meeting at 8am at Pinkham. Good company is more than welcome.
And here I thought you were coming to the REAL Cats (Catskills!) :D

That would be quite the stroll from Pinkham Tom..... :eek:

Since two cars will be available the whole ridgeline is certainly in order, plenty of ups and downs that way. We'll spot a car at 19 mile trailhead and start up from Pinkham notch using the the trail that skirts Lost Pond. It's quite steep going up from the notch but there are some good views.

Okay, 8am at Pinkham. It is good to start earlier because it looks like it will be hot on Sunday....I may just be sitting in 19 mile brook by the end of the day :)

See you then Damon. Jen, we'll be talking..

There's a waaaaay outside shot that we (i.e., Sugar and me) might be able join y'all on Sunday, if a dog is okay. Our joining you also largely depends on how Sugar's feeling: I'm thinking about taking her to the Carters (Dome, South, Middle, and maybe North) and perhaps Imp Face tomorrow, so she might be feeling it a bit on Sunday. She is over 9 years old, after all.

Hi John,

I may have a couple dogs with me too, so you and Sugar are Welcome!

Hopefully we will see you and S at Pinkham 8am Sunday. :)

Hanna

Hmmm, while I certainly don't mind the prospects of multiple dogs--in fact, I like it--Miss Sugar would rather be unbothered by such potentially robust company. She's great with people and has a couple of doggie buddies, but she'd just as soon be ignored by other dogs as she generally ignores them: It seems that when they sniff her she can get a bit miffed. That's one of the main reasons we generally hike alone. Thanks for the welcome invitation, though. Have fun! Happy trails!

John