Catskills backpack 3/19- 20

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Warren

Reaction score
L: Portland, OR A: snowfield below Rainier
I'm looking to do a backpack in the Catskills this weekend. I have a few locations in mind:

Katerskill High peak with camp at Poets Ledge or Huckleberry point.

Westkill with camp up on Westkill (or below on either side). The "goal" of this hike would be to locate the cave that's on Westkill (not the one indicted on the map).

Peekamoose to the Table Mnt. lean to and back.

Rusk and Evergreen, camp on Evergreen or the lean to on Hunter Mnt.

I'm open to other ideas my only limitation being that I stressed out my knees and back a month ago and I'm looking to take it easy. I can be ata trail head around 6 Friday evening or Saturday morning.

Any takers?

I don't have backpacking gear, but may be up for meeting you somewhere to dayhike one or two of the peaks you named. I need Rusk, KHP, Peek/Table for winter, and West Kill will be my last of the regular 35. I'm only free Sunday this weekend.
Sorry for wasting your time if you were only looking for backpacking partners.

Matt

Update- I made some other plans for Sunday. Hope your backpack goes well.
I look forward to backpacking once I get the gear.

Last edited:
Hi Warren, I would love to go but have work in town this weekend. Are you interested in any Catskill stuff next weekend, 3/25 -3/27?

Next weekend I'm planning on being in the Whites, likely the Tripyraminds.

This weekend I'll be heading up Katerskill High Peak, starting saturday morning from the Palenville side. We'll be stopping for pancakes in Tannersville before we get going. I'll post more details, like ETA's, tonight.

mcorsar, thanks for the apology, reading your post was such a huge waste of time I couldn't believe it.

Seriously, sorry you can't make it but it looking as if I won't be in any place handy for a meet up on Sunday morning, we will likely be camping up high.

Last edited: