Change to RMC Hut Fees

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlennS

Reaction score
I saw this on the Randolph Mountain Club Facebook and I thought I'd pass it on for anyone planning a trip.

Attention Hikers: Fees at the RMC camps have changed. The new fee structure is as follows:

New Overnight Fee Structure - Effective April 1, 2013
Members Non-Members
Gray Knob $15.00 $20.00
Crag Camp $15.00 $20.00
The Perch $8.00 $10.00
Log Cabin $8.00 $10.00

Day-Use at All Shelters: Free

The formatting didn't come out great but here's the link to the huts page:

http://www.randolphmountainclub.org/sheltersinfo/aboutourshelters.html

I like that they now have separate rates for members and nonmembers. This is a great organization to belong to.

Good to know. Somehow I've never stayed at any of their shelters/campsites, but I've been planning on it for a while. Maybe this will be the summer...

I like that they now have separate rates for members and nonmembers. This is a great organization to belong to.
Yet another difference between VT and NH - the GMNF doesn't allow member discounts in the special use permits for shelters. I'm not sure why.

Yet another difference between VT and NH - the GMNF doesn't allow member discounts in the special use permits for shelters. I'm not sure why.

The $5 fee for the GMC fee sites is considerably lower than the RMC cabins or AMC huts. And as far as I remember, AMC's $8 shelters and campsites in the Whites don't have a member discount. Also, the GMC fee sites all have free shelters and campsites within a three to four mile radius (with the exception of those on Mansfield), so with even the slightest amount of planning you can camp for free not far from any of those sites. And there's the AT/LT hiker deal in the southern part of Vermont, where the $5 at Stratton Pond, Little Rock Pond, or Griffith Lake will also get you free stays at the other two within the same week.