Christmas Day Hike

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donna

Reaction score
Anyone out there willing to take me on a hike Christmas Day? Got to get an early start, need to be back at my car no later than 3:30. How about Scar Ridge? Any takers? I'm serious!:D

Hi Donna,

I would love to go. As long as I get back to MA by no later than 5 I'm good.

Let me know the details and yes I can drive.:D

Oh dear

I am remembering our previous attempt at this one...think that water crossing's frozen solid yet? :eek: Ike & Pierce might be a good Plan B. They're close by, I hear :rolleyes:.

think that water crossing's frozen solid yet?

Very unlikely that the crossing is frozen. When we did this hike in the Winter we brought along teva's, and kayaking dry socks. Changed back to hiking boats once across and left the water crossing gear in a bag for later use.

We're hiking Mt Liberty with dinner at the Highland Center at 6 if you want another option.

Check further down on this list. We will be hiking Kearsage North on Christmas Day .A real nice closed in tower on top, to get out of the wind.Looks like a cloudy day, but a lot warmer than lately, and a lot warmer than last year!!

Hey Bobandgeri,

How about you two helping me out this winter...i need Scar Ridge and Vose Spur for winter. I need Scar Ridge before the second week in February. Help! Help? Please!!!!:)

I am remembering our previous attempt at this one...think that water crossing's frozen solid yet? :eek: Ike & Pierce might be a good Plan B. They're close by, I hear :rolleyes:.

Our previous attempt wouldn't of helped with crocs or much since the water level was so high "over" the ice...:( I'd be up for a 2nd attempt....

Hey Bobandgeri,

How about you two helping me out this winter...i need Scar Ridge and Vose Spur for winter. I need Scar Ridge before the second week in February. Help! Help? Please!!!!:)

Donna I can't hike Xmas Day but the following New Year's weekend I'm open to get out there with you! :rolleyes:

Hey Bobandgeri,

Already booked for hikes this weekend, but like Darl - we'd be very up for joining you next week or weekend. Send you and Darl a note on FB.

Why before Feb?

Why before Feb?[/QUOTE]

Hoping to finish my NEHH on COE over Valentine Weekend. I need Scar Ridge to do that.

I'd wait for the New Year weekend if Darlene, Bob&Geri are in. I can be sure to summit with the 3 of you.

thanks.

Hey Donna,

If you just want a short snowshoe hike around my neck of the woods that is what Geneva and I will be doing Christmas morning. I need to be back at Camp Chinook to cook a meal for a few friends.

:)

Hey Christine, thanks for the offer. I was trying to peak bag for winter...that's why I wanted to hike Scar Ridge. Not that I'm doing lists or anything like that.:D

Have a good Christmas.

donna

I know YOU would never be list driven Donna! :rolleyes:

I just figured if you were going to hit Scar Ridge next weekend witha crew, you might be interested in a smaller hike.

Have a Merry Hike!

~ Christine ^^