Circumnavigation of Owl's Head!!!

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rainmain

Reaction score
Day One

Friday Night (8/13) 11:00pm, waiting for my two hiking partners to arrrive. As usual late....we have embarked on six trips in the Whites over the last three years, they have never been on time.

I through a question to you: How do you work with hiking partners that move very, very, very, very, very slowly?

I'm digressing.....On Friday night, we stayed at the Comfort Inn in Lincoln. I shut it down at 12:00pm. My brother-in-law and our friend Gary had to pack their bags for the projected 8:00am departure. They were awake and enthusiastic until 2:00am.

After a 6 hour sleep, we headed to Lincoln woods Trial, through Wilderness to Bondcliff Trial. After 11 miles, we reached Guyot shelter. We meet the caretaker, Shatter, who kindly guided us to tent platform 6. As promised, the campsite had sufficient space to hold a two man tent and a Hennessy Hammock.

The cliffs were in form that day....beautiful skies....bright green wilderness exploding throught out the pemi....we were pleased with Day One.

Day Two

Feeling strong we continue on Bondcliff trial to Guyot mountain and further on to South Twin. The twinway is not steep....but extremely rocky. The trip punished my knees... At 35 years of age, I am beginning to consider preventive measures.

The climb to South twin was modest, however the decent to the HUT was brutally difficult. I look the climb....firmly dislike the decent.

The Garfield Ridge Trial was challenging to say the least. I found it much more difficult than my accent to Mount Bond. At the top of Garfield the views were somewhat obstructive...however, the experience was refreshing.

We stayed in the area where there were three platforms. Fortunately for us, we had the site to oursleves. Given the fact that this trip was in the middle of August, I was surprised we could find a site.

Part two forthcoming....