Climbers stranded on hood as we speak

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dont' know if it's a good idea to resurect this thread, but I got a book about the incident for Christmas that I wanted to recomend. I'm about half way through it and can remember keeping tabs on S&R on this site.
The book is called Holding Fast, The Untold Story of the Mount Hood Tragedy.
It's by Karen James, the wife of Kelly James.
Excellent read so far, heartfelt and sincere, really makes you feel like you were there with them.
Just thought I'd put it out there for anyone interested.

Wow, talk about a blast from the past! :eek:

Looking at the thread title in the General Backcountry forum list, I'm thinking "Here we go AGAIN...."

(Not a huge deal, but I might have started a new thread with the title Book about Mt. Hood tragedy and then put a link to this thread in your post.)

I saw this book on the shelf at my local B&N. Looks interesting, especially for an aspiring Hood climber. Will probably pick it up after I finish my current read, "The Crystal Horizon: Solo Ascent of Everest" by one Reinhold Messner. Good stuff.

Wow, talk about a blast from the past! :eek:

Looking at the thread title in the General Backcountry forum list, I'm thinking "Here we go AGAIN...."

(Not a huge deal, but I might have started a new thread with the title Book about Mt. Hood tragedy and then put a link to this thread in your post.)

I saw this book on the shelf at my local B&N. Looks interesting, especially for an aspiring Hood climber. Will probably pick it up after I finish my current read, "The Crystal Horizon: Solo Ascent of Everest" by one Reinhold Messner. Good stuff.

Now THAT's an incredible book...and story. It's amazing he survived..Coming off Everest in a whiteout, utterly spent, practically decompensated. wow. it was chilling to even read. Of the larger picture of his exploits, the human toll, on himself and the others around him, it boggle das mind..