Cobscook Bay, Maine

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tuggy

Reaction score
I'm going camping here for 4 or 5 days next week and am looking for day hikes in this area. I have some info on Moosehorn NWR and a trail book put out by the Quoddy Regional Land Trust listing several trails in the area. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

Tuggy,
It is not so much a hike as an adventure, but try if you can, to get to East Quoddy head Light house. You can only get there at low tide, but it is a great place to spend a few hours exploring and having lunch. It is about 35 minutes away from Cobscook, just across the border from Lubec on Campobello Island.
You'll have to negotiate some steel ladders and go across several tiny islands, but it is incredible. Also keep an eye out for wildlife going by. It is very much a favorite of mine.

EQHead
EQ Head1
campobello

Cheers
Rick

Bold Coast Trail

The Bold Coast trail starts in Cutler Maine, not too far away. I've hiked nearby but not yet on this trail. From what I hear it's supposed to be spectacular. West Quoddy light and the trails around it are a worthwhile visit also. As Rick said, East Quoddy is nice also. Jasper beach in Machiasport is a great place for a picnic. I love that area, wish it weren't so far!

Tuggy, I have a few pages of "things to do" in the area. It starts from Rte 1 as you take a left away from Acadia. Not complete by anymeans, just my own little guide.
I can e-mail it to you if you like.