Cog Railway Parking???

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blueZ

Reaction score
Sorry to ask such question.
Could any one provide some suggestion about Cog Railway Parking? I have heard it is tricky, you have to park outside the summer parking lot. Is it still true in spring?

Thanks!!!

-- blueZ

On Easter Sunday the Cog was running very infrequently but there was almost nobody around. Yan parked his car right in the Cog Parking Area and nobody seemed to bother him. He said there was no one around in the morning to take his money, I believe. The lot was almost empty. I saw one car parked in the "hiker" parking area which with all the mud was in terrible shape... most everyone else parked in the Cog Area. Then again, I'm just repeating what I saw, I don't know if that's what you'll find.

-Dr. Wu

We parked there to hike Washington on a Friday a few weeks back. They happily took my $5 for parking and asked that we move our car to the lower lot, but it wasn't plowed out, so we left it near the Ammo trail head. I don't think there were more than 10 cars in the lot that day, so I didn't feel too guilty about taking up one of the spaces for Cog customers. Weekends may be busier in the lot.

I was there a few weeks ago and went inside to pay. I had to track someone down and basically thrust my $5 at them but I didn't want to take the chance that my truck wouldn't be there at the end of the hike!

Hi BlueZ,
If you get there early enough you should be able to park in the entrance to the Ammo trailhead below the Cog base station. I hiked the Ammo in early April a couple of years ago and it was open.....except for a big moose that was in my way.