Cohos Trail website

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

solo_hiker

Reaction score
Does anyone know what's going on with the Cohos Trail site at www.cohostrail.org? It's down, and I can't get any email response from the webmaster. I also don't see anyplace to buy a 2nd edition guidebook, which I ordered off the site in August and never got. All the guidebooks on Amazon are 1st edition.

Ciao Solo

I feel your pain, solo hiker...

I had one heck of a time getting the guidebook I ordered and trying to contact someone to find out what was going on. But that was about a year ago. I did end up with a guidebook, and a complimentary set of maps.

Domain Name Registration

The domain cohostrail.org has expired. I was going to just renew the domain name for them, but they bought the name through Network Solutions, which has a $35 renewal charge... per year. That is very expensive, so they might be trying to use a different company to renew.

Cohos Trail site

Thanks guys. I see the Guide and the new maps available on the Wanderer site. The Cohos Trail site was absolutely great......I'd donate the $35 to keep it going for another year. I mean that, so please let me know here how to contact the appropriate parties.

Ciao Solo

site renewal

Thanks for the link, Chomp. I renewed the cohostrail.org domain for one year. Hope it helps get the site back up.

Ciao for now Solo

Huh - it appears that there is more to the CohosTrail.org problem than just renewing the domain name. I wonder if they ran out of $$ to run the site. I am on the mailing list and didn't get anything about the site going down or anything like that. Anyone have contact info for someone at the CTA?

site renewal

chomp said:
I wonder if they ran out of $$ to run the site.

could be, although the site was back up minutes after renewal yesterday. there may be a problem though. they certainly never filled my order last August, and never replied to multiple inquiries afterwards. be nice if we could hear something from the webmaster on the outlook for the future.

Solo

Huh, my bad. This site is up, but not fully configured. If you leave of the www (cohostrail.org) then the site doesn't work. Probably never worked that way, actually. I just never noticed before. Anyway, if you go to http://www.cohostrail.org everything is fine and back online. Thanks, solo_hiker, for kicking in the $$$ to bring the site back up.

chomp