custom boot maker in phoencia area

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yonkers

Reaction score
i remember a custom hiking boot maker that was in the Catskill area, i think he may have been the same one that was near the REI in new Rochelle ny years ago.
anyone know if these 2 are the same and the contact numbers for them.
i need a boot modified a lot on the uppers. i am in the lower ny area

David Page... no no no

Perhaps my situation was unique but i had a bad experiance with David Page. My resole just never worked out and kept comming loose despite returning it to him to re-do.

After exchanging several very unpleasant e-mails I looked him up on the BBB http://www.thebbb.org/commonreport.html?bid=13026501 site and found that others have had bad experiances as well... I wish I had seen this before I trusted my $250 boots to him.

There's also Emory Boots on 214 N of Phoenicia, but he is (I believe) no longer actively bootmaking. If anyone knows anything to the contrary, I'd appreciate knowing.

Ted.

When I spoke with Gary Barlow of Barlow Boots he mentioned that Emory was no longer making boots.

Barlow's footwear is high quality and well made. He charges between $650 - $800 for well made leather (non-Gore-Tex) boots, which - with proper care - are designed to last a lifetime.

www.hamiltonny.com/barlowboots

Moose