Day Hikes Dec. 27 - Jan. 4

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donna

Reaction score
I'm looking for some hiking partners - anyone hiking in the Whites during Dec. 27 - Jan. 4th. I'd like to get as many hikes in as I can. I'm working on my NH 4Kers. I've only done 3, Issolation, Cannon and Garfield. I've got the bug. Are there any trips already planned that I can tag along? Anyone interested in any of the NH 4kers?

Hope to get out!

Donna

Hi Donna --

Check out the Fun on Flume thread ... that trip is schedueld for Jan. 4 and you'll get two of the NH-48 -- Flume and Liberty and get to meet a whole bunch of wonderful people.

I'm thinking of heading up on Jan. 3 and hitting Willey, Field and Tom (I've done the last two before, not Willey) on the Saturday and then staying overnight. My plans are still tentative because I'm not sure where to stay overnight at this point. However, you're welcome to come along if you're interested. :)

- Ivy

Depending on what I find for snow conditions for xc skiing on Thursday and Friday, I might try to grab Pierce and Jackson on Saturday as a FFF warmup. I haven't decided yet, and won't be reachable for the latter half of the week by email, though, so I don't know how much help that is...
:(

Sorry, Ivy. I just did Tom-Field-Willey in October, otherwise I'd just show up (or not) that morning.

MichaelJ,

My plans aren't decided yet as I still have to talk to Mongoose but I might be hiking Pierce and Eisenhower via the Crawford Path as well, this week, let me know if you want to head up together . . . :) See ya at Liza's

sli74

Fanconia day hike tomorrow morning!

Donna, I just arrived at Loon Village and plan to be out there (on the Franconia Ridge) tomorrow morning. I'm looking for a hiking partner...and I'll check this site later this afternoon (5-6ish). Maybe?

Anyone else interested please do let me know. I have three options I'm considering for trail loops/hikes, and plan on bringing snowshoes in case the backcountry options haven't been 'broken'.

Cheers.

Joe/Flatlander

Could someone post the specifics for the Willey/Field/Tom trip tomorrow. I'm planning to do the Flume thing on Sunday and may be able to hike tomorrow as well.

Hey Cantdog,
Thanks for touching base with me. I may try to hit the Crawford trailhead (I'm assuming Mt. Clinton Rd.) and see who shows. If you hear anything else, please update here or email to [email protected]. Thanks.

The trip is still on... but we're meeting at the Crawford Depot parking lot, not on Mount Clinton Road.

Swamp, you are certainly welcome to come along if the weather doesn't bother you. :)

- Ivy