Daylight Saving Time Change?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pamola

Reaction score
I know that in 2007, DST will be pushed back into November due to the Energy Policy Act of 2005. I have heard multiple rumors that this change, or one like it, will come into effect this year. Does anyone have more knowledge about this?

(Doesn't matter too much. Watches are overrated. Dark in Maine in Dec at 4pm either way.)

This year we revert to Standard time on Oct 29, 2006. Beginning in 2007, DST will start on the second Sunday in March (March 11, 2007), and change back to standard time on the first Sunday in November (November 4, 2007).

-dave-

David Metsky said:
This year we revert to Standard time on Oct 29, 2006. Beginning in 2007, DST will start on the second Sunday in March (March 11, 2007), and change back to standard time on the first Sunday in November (November 4, 2007).

-dave-
Daylight savings time will then be so long that it will be much longer than 'STANDARD' time, and might just become the new standard soon!

Reminds me of 'regular' gas. What we call 'regular' now used to be 'unleaded', and 'regular' was regular (leaded)! I still remember my father pulling up to a full serve gas station and asking for 'ethyl'. None of the young pump jockeys ever knew what he was talking about! :D