Deer flies have dissipated!

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Constant nuisance on my trip through Zealand, they should all die.

Found these cool traps on a google search. Anyone have any experience with the like?

The deerflies are worst in Northwest NJ. I can not even step out my door without geting attacked. My wife and myself went for a walk at High Point and had to turn back early because they were swarming around us. I had a cloud of them around me. The more humid it gets the worst they seem to get. Another bad year for them as well the the skeeters. Ican not wait for winter.

I am the proud owner of some blackfly Tattoo work on all four limbs and then some. Got them on Friday, descending Gothics....in the aftermath of the rain. :mad:

Still thick in SE NH. I took my dog swimming down a local river yesterday and then hiked back upstream on a riverside trail. Once they found us, they plagued the dog until we went back into the water.

OTOH, my wife was at the same place this morning when it was only 50° F and saw "nothing with wings but the birds."

If you ain't up early, you be bleedin' for at least a couple weeks more. They switch off around mid-August in these parts.

Bug-free Rangeley

Absolutely no bugs doing the Saddleback traverse yesterday. There were some the day before going up to Mt. Nancy in Crawford Notch, but they weren't numerous or aggressive. This is at least a hiatus up that way.

The bugs have been bothering me on every wooded summit since Memorial Day Weekend. I was in southwest Vermont this past weekend and they were still going strong. It will be nice when the little pests finally die off, so that I can finally sit down somewhere and not get attacked.

Or, I could just ante up for some bug repellant. Either or.