Delorme mapping software on sale

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
woops- I jumped the gun to quickly, apparently you need a priority code which they don't mention until you get to the purchase screen (should have double checked before I posted) I would be happy to pass the code on since I won't be using it but I am sure it is illegal to do that!
Sorry

Doug- MY version of Delorme is really old-I had given up on the more commercial software like Delorme. National Geographic TOPO! Maptech a couple of years ago. The packaging just always makes it look so good but it never fit real well with the local AMC maps, lots of trails and features missing-

I have been using a program called Ozie explorer for the past couple of years..http://www.oziexplorer.com/ Scan any map (for the Whites I usually use the AMC maps), import into Ozie and calibrate- the program interfaces with most GPS's- it also has some of the fancy features of the more commercial software- once I lay out my waypoints, routes, tracks on the map, I print it and have a custom copy of whatever AMC map I am using for my trip...
Marty

zman said:
Doug- MY version of Delorme is really old-I had given up on the more commercial software like Delorme. National Geographic TOPO! Maptech a couple of years ago. The packaging just always makes it look so good but it never fit real well with the local AMC maps, lots of trails and features missing-
NG Topo! and Maptech Terrain Navigator are based upon USGS Topos and don't have the latest trail info. IMO, they are a nice complement to the AMC maps. They have broader coverage and include 1:25K maps which have a lot more detail than the AMC maps. The 1:100K and 1:25K maps often show old trails which can be nice.

I have been using a program called Ozie explorer for the past couple of years..http://www.oziexplorer.com/ Scan any map (for the Whites I usually use the AMC maps), import into Ozie and calibrate- the program interfaces with most GPS's- it also has some of the fancy features of the more commercial software- once I lay out my waypoints, routes, tracks on the map, I print it and have a custom copy of whatever AMC map I am using for my trip...
Thanks, I know about OziExplorer. Well known on news://sci.geo.satellite-nav. Doesn't run on Linux. (There are reports of partial function under Wine/Linux.) I am able to run NG TOPO! and Garmin Mapsource well enough under Wine/Linux to do most of what I want. I only use windows to up/down load to/from the GPS.

Doug

Last edited:
I have DeLorme's Topo with all the forest's in Arial,Sat,USGS map which cost 210.00 bucks. Anyone want to buy the CD's cheap of the Sat,etc.?
I think the program is useless. I never use it myself. I still use NGTopo and Mapsourse.