Devils Path Dayhike '06 - May 20 - camping at Devils Tombstone

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EarthNsky

Reaction score
When: friday May 19 - Sunday May 21 - the big dayhike is on Saturday the 2oth.
Where: Camping at Devils Tombstone
Why: Backpacker Mag says it's one of the hardest trails to dayhike in America.

What: You can either dayhike half the trail or the entire trail, or just hang out with us in camp.

Details can be found here: http://thebackpacker.com/trips/trip/818.php

Have a great trip guys, hope the weather is good for you!

The devil's tombstone is a short walk south of where the devil's path crosses 214, you might want to drop a car off at Notch Lake (at the trailhead) with water and food and whatever you think to save a walk down to the campsite. Oh, and beware the weird rangers, you'll have to let us know who are the caretakers now since I've haven't been there since my Devil's Path dayhike I ran 2 years ago!

Jay

Jay H said:
Oh, and beware the weird rangers, you'll have to let us know who are the caretakers now since I've haven't been there since my Devil's Path dayhike I ran 2 years ago!

Jay

Gerry is defiantly an interesting character. Thanks for the well wishes.

I'd be interested in a 1/2 way hike...will keep u posted as it gets closer...

also the catskill 3500 club i believe is backpacking the DP that weekend..

coldfeet said:
I'd be interested in a 1/2 way hike...will keep u posted as it gets closer...

also the catskill 3500 club i believe is backpacking the DP that weekend..

Hey cold feet, hope you can make it. This is the third annual Devils Path dayhike Trip and many people stop at the halfway point. The first half of the Devils Path is one heluva hike.

Will you be camping or just there for the dayhike?

After the hike, we will be grilling steaks.

I was thinking about that. Blithering Idiots has a nice sound to it. We may need to ask Pennsy to stop at the Weyerbacher brewery on his way up.

Having just done Indian Head to Plateau, (& having done Hunter a few years ago that way) I can attest to the difficulty rating.

with that being said, it is a most awesome hike! I can't wait. I hope the weather gods will be good to us this day.

I've wanted to do an end to end on the DP for years, having hiked all of it in sections (some sections quite a few times!).

Have a great time and great weather -- wish I could make it!