Do you like to snowshoe / wear snowshoes?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

When do you wear snowshoes?

• I put snowshoes on first chance I get

Votes: 66 66.7%
  • I’ll put them on for the trail’s sake but would rather not

Votes: 27 27.3%
  • I’ll posthole up to my knees first, and then put them on

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • If I need snowshoes I’m not hiking

Votes: 3 3.0%

• Total voters
Not sure how to answer this. When hiking on trail, I'll put them on if needed, but find them to be a pain more often than not. If I'm backcountry exploring, then I look forward to using them.

So, in the immortal words of Sam Malone, "I guess I could go either way on this one, Bob".

Now that there is a foot to a foot-and-a-half of snow in the neighborhood, Tucker won't break trail for me. We are snowshoeing in the fields and paths on our regular walks and it is hard working doing it alone. For the most part Tucker (a rugged 40lb wheaten terrier) loves the cold and snow - but seems to prefer to walk in my tracks - or on the back of my snowshoes - when the snow gets deep. It'll take me a few trips to get the paths passable. Then it will be fun. :)

I packed a trail to my shed in the backyard. When I couldn't easily throw snow over the bank at the end of the driveway yesterday, I tromped it down with my snowshoes; and I did these things in a manly fashion :cool:

7 miles in "shooz" Saturday,and still smilin'. I like 'em,but I was wishin' for XC skiis in some parts of the trip.
Can't beat snowshoes coming down a steep hill in deep powder in a "controlled crash". :D