Dream a little dream

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Billy

Reaction score
You've just been given $10,000.
You've just been given 4 weeks of paid vacation.
Within one year, you have to spend all that money and all that time on your dream hiking/backpacking/paddling trip.

Where are you going?

I choose backpacking one week in the Yellowstone/Tetons area, one week in Banff, and one week in Jasper. Fourth week TBD.

I would rent an RV drive to the Sierras's and climb all 14 of the 14ers in that month. Whatever money was left, Id donate on my way out.

The Karakoram if it was open to Westerners, if not than Nepal.

4 weeks wouldn't be enough for a dream trip, so I'd use it to travel to remote/expensive places courtesy of the 10K.

I'd devote two weeks to a trip into the Arctic Cordillera (including the Torngats,) and two weeks to a trip into Alaska (with at least 5 days in the Aleutians.)

Though I'd honestly be happy if I could somehow manage to make it back to Montana for a couple of weeks in the next few years.

Ama Dablam.

ban_Fixed_1_2_Eco_Ama_Dablam_Expedition.jpg

(Damn, that mountain is right purty, ain't it...?)

;)

On my own I think I'd try to get 2 or 3 of the more doable 7 Summits. With my wife, we'd like to do the approach to Everest Base Camp via the guided/sherpa trek.

I'm dreaming I need another zero on the total::D:D:D

If my dream has an increase in my skills, Nepal

If my dream has anywhere in the world: Sierra for 10 days, 10 days on a South American peak that's a walk up/basic snow ice trip & then Italy, Austria & Baveria for ten days in huts as their huts come with a full menu, beer & wine (I need a couple of extra days too)

If domestic, Sierra, Yellowstone Tetons, Olympics & Cascades.

Somebody say Dream ?

I'd work on my 111 list. That would be dreamy enough for me !
There's a lot of beauty right here I've yet to see.

Iceland or New Zealand, depending on what season we are.

I would probably have to eat Ramen Noodles for a month, but that's fine. The further you are from home, the better they taste.

Denali here I Come!!

Oh no, there goes the neighborhood!!! :D

$10k (check) 16 weeks severance...

4 weeks vacation (check) (unemployed, I've got a lot more than 4 weeks!)

A gazillion left of principal in my mortgage.. uh Oh... :(

Jay