Dropped my Nikon D70s

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flatlander_SG

Reaction score
Please help....

I fell getting ready for my daughter's wedding Saturday and managed to drop my Nikon D70s. It landed on the carpet face down on my only lense, a 24-120 VR zoom Nikkor. The lense cover is imbeded into the camera and tiny glass particles fall out of the lense cover when you shake it. The lense is jammed into the camera and cannot be removed.

I need to have someone remove the lense and see if the camera is salvageable. I am quite sure the lense is trashed. I am not sure where to send / bring the camera for this assessment / repair. I bought it from B & H Photo about 2 years ago.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Ginny

Nikon Authorized Service Center

should be able to handle this. Just go to nikon web site and find out the phone number. It will probably cost you $100 base payment and then you'll see.

Agree with Brambor on going straight to Nikon.

What is going on???? I know 2 people out here on oahu that dropped (and killed) their DSLRs this week. I almost dropped mine on the trail this week too. My pack zipper worked it's way open and I turned my pack around and caught my 20D with 24-105 IS L lens just as it was falling out of the pack. :eek: I just about wet my pants.

Lets be careful out there...

- darren

Thanks so much for the advice, I plan to give Nikon a call in the morning. I guess I wasn't the only having trouble holding onto my camera this week!

Ginny

What's the outcome on this, so far?

G.