Drying polypro in winter ?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting what you said about Mammut Schoeller .I just received a Mammut
Transition soft shell and what a piece. Ill give it a good workout this weekend
in VT and let you know how it breathes nad resists weather.

drying polypro--vb suit

A variation is to use the vb suit for sleep only with the damp clothes, including polypro, layered over it inside a synthetic bag. Clothes will be dry in the morning, and you will be comfortable through the night, assuming (1) is is cold enough to make the VB suit tolerable (2) your bag is big enough to let your insulated clothing loft up. Not a popular approach, but it does work and it turns out to be the lightest weight solution, if that is important to you.

Walt
Mark A. said:
Bag the poly on the move. Use a VB shirt and zip- or button-up outer(s). Vent when you start to feel too warm. All your insulation (of which you often need very little) is always dry, so you don't need to bring extra. Very unfashionable, and it requires regular zipping and unzipping (not all that onerous, actually), but it works for me.

Cheers,
Mark

Shake the polypro dry

Well...... after experimenting with the shake and freeze methods you folks mentioned for drying poly pro in the winter backcountry, I fould that shaking the polypro hard right after taking it off gets rid of about 80% of the water on the material. I then put it back on with a breathable shell and let my body heat finish the job.
Problem is standing in the cold half naked while you shake your top.
Of hell people say we're crazy to be out there anyway so whats the difference. :p
Climb on and thanks for all your input.