Eagle vs. Fox

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Artex

Reaction score
One of the guys I work with says his nephew took these pictures of a juvenile bald eagle battling a red fox over food. Apparently this took place up-Maine somewhere. I don't recognize the smaller birds in the photo, and am wondering about the location (then again, what the heck do I know). Regardless, awesome pictures.

Last edited by a moderator:
Magpie

The other bird in the picture is a magpie, related to jays and corvids. I've ssen them out west, like in Colorado. They aren't found in New England. :)
Enjoyed the shots.

sardog1 said:
EDIT: It didn't take place in Maine, it's from Finland, and it's a Golden Eagle not a Bald Eagle. The sequence is the work of Pekka Komi, a Finnish outdoor photographer. It is available from his representative, Tarsiger.com, here.

Ah, thank you Sardog1. I was hoping to get some clarification since it didn't seem right. I appreciate it!

One of those pics was my wallpaper for a while. I have always wondered "what if" if the fox had been a human baby. :eek:

Very cool pics!!

bikehikeskifish said:
Be sure to catch Planet Earth on Discovery -- you will really see nature rocking, up-close, personal, and in HD!

Tim

I'll second that!! I'm hooked!!

Tom Rankin said:
I read once that on Eagle picked up and carried off a 2-year old child! Not sure how far it got!

Yes Tom I heard that also. The eagle got 1/2 mile then brought the kid back because of the kid's behavior. The eagle ended up paying the parents the ransom.

Seriously, a Harpy Eagle hunts monkeys out of the tops of trees. Who knows a small kid may be a manageble size.

Neil said:
One of those pics was my wallpaper for a while. I have always wondered "what if" if the fox had been a human baby. :eek:

to quote those crazy Brits:

Soldier #1: What? A swallow carrying a coconut?
Arthur: It could grip it by the husk!
Soldier #1: It's not a question of where he grips it! It's a simple question of weight ratios! A five ounce bird could not carry a one pound coconut.