East Pond

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scarpy

Reaction score
Wanted to do something different today. Looking through Snowshoe Hikes in the White Mountains by Steven Smith I stumbled upon this one. I like having Alaska (my dog)with me but I dont want to torture him with a very cold and windy summit. Trail is in great shape for the first couple miles. We broke the final mile and a half. We lost the trail at a couple of blowdowns and wandered in several directions until we found it again. The next person that goes up there might be scratching their head wondering what we were thinking.Several more blowdowns requiring crawl under or walk around in the final mile. Lots of snowshoe hare signs although we did not see any. Very nice remote spot for a breakfast of hot chocolate, snickers and dog biscuits. Round trip took about four hours for 7.5 miles and 1900' elevation gain.

Nice report. Over the years we had planned on doing East Pond from the Kanc several times. It never happened. Last fall we did hiked from Tripoli Road, which is shorter, but still a delightful hike to the Pond.

Donna:)