East St. in Mt. Wash. State Forest (Mass.)

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

torn&frayed

Reaction score
I've never been to this part of Mass. I'd like to park at the trailhead on East St. at the Mass./Conn. border. I'll be approaching the trailhead from the north. Is the road paved? If not, is it driveable right now (4/8/05)? My guide book says that there is parking for only 4 cars. Is that accurate?
Thanks,

torn&frayed said:
I've never been to this part of Mass. I'd like to park at the trailhead on East St. at the Mass./Conn. border. I'll be approaching the trailhead from the north. Is the road paved? If not, is it driveable right now (4/8/05)? My guide book says that there is parking for only 4 cars. Is that accurate?
Thanks,
I was on that road in February when there was snow on the ground. It was quite driveable until the Mt. Frissell Trailhead where I believe there was a barrier. I don't think the road was paved but it was plowed. What trailhead are you talking about though?

-Dr. Wu

That's the one. The Mt. Frissell Trail leaves on the west side, and the Northwest Road (Trail) leaves on the east side.

I was there in October and the road(dirt) was a muddy after some rain. The "parking" in really just space on either side of the road that was even muddier. I imagine that it would be iffy at best at this point. My map also shows parking for 7 at the AMC camp a little bit farther south on East st. Don't know what that lot is like. East st. is paved to the state park headquarters that has a large lot.