Ecco X-Factor Kilamanjaro GTX Boot

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Desalad

Reaction score
Framingham, MA Avatar: Terrace Mtn Leanto S
Hi, does anyone have any first hand (foot) experience with these boots? I think they look pretty cool and the technical description sounds good. Before I buy them I wanted to see if anyone has used them. Thanks in advance, Happy Holidays!

28454-00573-z.jpg

Leather uppers

100% waterproof

Cambrelle insole with felt for added comfort and moisture management

Direct injected PU midsole providing unmatched bonding of the outsole and the upper

Toe and heel TPU impact armour

Unique floating shank system made of carbon and nylon for firm stability and flexibility in the toe area

Insulated for temperatures down to -25°f with 2.6 mm thick leather, 10 mm foam in order to create air circulation and a Gore-tex™ membrane

Virbram® Trex outsole for superior traction and grip plus added durability

At least you won't have to worry about traction ;)

Desalad said:
Not a single comment? Anybody? Well I bought a new pair of golf shoes with my gift card.
These boots may be super, but ... the brand? It's not a first-tier boot manufacturer, at least not yet.

OTH, if you're an experienced outdoor winter hiker, know exactly what to look for when buying a boot, are satisfied they have adequate torsional and longitudinal rigidity, an adequate box toe to withstand pressures from snowshoe and crampon bindings, blah, blah blah - then buy them and let us know how they hold up after a year or so of hiking. ;)