Ed Webster's book Snow in the Kingdom

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

audrey

Reaction score
I just finished reading "Snow in the Kingdom" by Ed Webster. Absolutely entrancing. I know it's been mentioned by people here in the past but it deserves repeating.

The majority of the book is devoted to his Everest climb on the Kangshung face, from the Tibet side in 1988, with no oxygen, with just a few other climbers.

This is not a book for Kindle. It was loaded with unbelievable photographs, both of a side of Everest that few see, and more intimate ones of his life and times and colleagues.

Great book for a hospital stay!

Ed spent several weekends in the lobby of the Kittery Trading Post last year promoting this remarkable book. He is as humble and personable as the book's tenor would suggest.
Ed Webster's rock climbing guides are almost readable as stories, with his senses of humor and history so interwoven in them.

I also met him while he was in the lobby of Kittery Trading Post. My wife knowing of my desire to read anything Everest related bought me his book for Christmas that year. Anyway he took the time to talk to anybody who wanted to ask him a question or two. I agree with the previous person that the book is amazing. It is printed on heavy paper and the pictures are simply stunning.