Everest base camp

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yvon

Reaction score
For who want to see pics of our trek to Nepal Everest base camp, here is a slideshow of 190 pics.
For Annie and me it is the trip of our lifetime!

Trek to Everest base camp

DSC8604_250.jpg

Wow!

Yvon,

Your pictures are incredible - thank you! They really give a good look into that area. The weather looks fanastic and the snow fall was beautiful :)

How long did the trip take from Lukla? Also, which peak is the really prominent one that stands by itself? Ama Dablam or Fishhead? I may be way off...

Thanks.

Hanna

Your pics are absolutely beautiful.
Must have been a wonderful trip and you cannot beat the visuals!
Thanks for sharing them with us.

Yeah, that looks like an outstanding vacation. I love the picture of the sign that says "YAK CHEESE AND EVERY KINDS OF CHOCOLATE AVAILABLE HERE-".
You should have brought some tree huggers with you to tell them that building rock cairns is ruining there "wilderness" experience.

WOW!!!! Not what I had expected based on other photos I had seen. I was surprised by how clean everything looked in the towns and the villages; the modern buildings as I expected more primitive structures the further you got away from Katmandu; the color, everything seemed so colorful; and the landscape, it was just beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing. I have been contemplating a trip to base camp for a couple years now, there is no doubt I have to get there now. And to boot, I even got to put to good use some of my high school French from 40+ years ago. Again, merci beaucoup!!

Great pictures from a great trip. A trip of a life time. Thank you for sharing them with us.

Abster said:
Yvon,

How long did the trip take from Lukla?

Also, which peak is the really prominent one that stands by itself? Ama Dablam or Fishhead? I may be way off...

Thanks.

Hanna

The way we taken, passing by 3 valleys and Renjo Pass (5400m) and Chola pass (5400m), it have taken 16 days from Lukla (airport) to reach Base camp, and 4 days to return back to Lukla.

And It is Ama Dablan

Great pics! Thanks. It was a trip down memory lane for me, having walked much that route in '92. Mostly very recognizable. Great to see that the runway in Lukla is paved now! It was dirt then; the planes had to operate with partially deflated tires so they would be able to stay on top of the dirt and gather enough air apeed not to fall off the cliff at the end of the runway.

Thanks again!

Just to give you an idea of the size of our expedition. We were 10 hikers in that trek, but with all the Sherpas, porter, cook and help cook, we were 40 total.