Excercise Poll...

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How often do you excercise?

• 6-7 Days a week

Votes: 14 21.2%
  • 4-5 Days per week

Votes: 28 42.4%
  • 2-3 Days per week

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • 1 day per week

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Never

Votes: 6 9.1%

• Total voters

rondak46

Reaction score
Guestimate how often you excercise...

This is meant to highlight an active and interesting thread: "Excercise Programs..."

It is also the second posting of the poll; It had to be deleted, so please post again if you did before!

Mike

6-7 days, aka every day. Can't deal with treadmills, ellipticals, etc., so aerobic exercise has to be outside, regardless of season, weather, or darkness. Running preferred, too uncoordinated to figure out bikes, rollerblades, etc. Strength training every other day, which has been lifting w/free weights since I was a teenager (in my 50s now), but lately striving to simplify by moving to bodyweight exercises (pushups, dips, pullups, etc.)

Steve

Last edited:
Usually 4 days a week doing a high intensity weight training program (crosstraining between bodybuilding and powerlifting) and the weekend hikes...

BirdHead Studios

If you mean exercise for the sake of exercising (i.e. the treadmill, bike trainer, going to the gym, etc..) then I would say never. I bike to work and tend to bike to do alot of errands so that means I'm doing at least 20 miles per day 5 days a week, and then I'll go mountain biking or hiking on the weekends and now that I just got a Kayak... Soon it will be some paddling in the mix there too.

But I have never been to a gym before and have no plans to.

Jay

Every day without fail. Hiking whenever I get a chance, usually on weekends, the rest of the time is divided between running, biking, weight training. I'm preparing for the summer triathlon series in New England, trying to peak for the Timberman 1/2 Ironman in NH on August 22nd.

Max

In the winter, usually days a week at the gym after work. Always a 1/2-hour aerobic workout, alternating days include weight training.

In the summer, at the gym only on rainy days. Every day the weather is fair, I bike a bit over ten miles to work. That 21 miles/day of riding is the best exercise program I've ever had.

Now if only I could get better eating habits...
:(

Max - you're doing the long course? The 1.2 mile swim, 56 mile bike, and 13.1 mile run? Wow. I hope I can be there to cheer you on!

Last edited:
Wow,

If slogging off to work at 6am, sitting in front of a PC until 5pm, racing my Suburban home to get the kids off to scout meetings and dance class, then home again in time for supper, homework, and showers, so I can crash on the couch by 9pm doesn't count then I don't get any :)

Of course, I have never been able to spend time in a gym, or working on a machine. Exercise for me needs to be swimming accross a lake, or cycling cross-country, or hiking in the outdoors.

Monday through Friday is the daily grind, just trying not to miss an appointment or a parent-teacher conference. The weekends I try to pack with as much stuff as possible. Whether it is Bass fishing, backpacking, hiking, or just boating. Winter seems to be tougher to get outdoors in. Having young children has made it tough.

Pretty soon they will be old enough to do most anything outside in the winter though. Only time will tell.

MichaelJ said:
Max - you're doing the long course? The 1.2 mile swim, 56 mile bike, and 13.1 mile run? Wow. I hope I can be there to cheer you on!

Yep, I'll be there for the "biggie"...I'm hoping by that time the length of the run will only kill me a little bit. I can handle the swim and bike, but have never run more than 6 miles. Lotsa training to come this summer. My goal is to be able to do a full Ironman by next summer, Yikes!

Max

Stair climber 5 days a week for about 1/2 hour during the winter. 2 mile fast walk at lunch on nice days, at some point I start carrying weights in a backpack during the walks (makes for nice conditioning for backpacking).

Almost never

I voted 'never' but it tends to be once or twice a year, when I get shipped to some strange city and forced to live in a hotel for a few days. I use the hotel's gym.

I always active, cycling at least 5 days a week (comuting), and doing something long (hike, 50+ mile bike ride, 30+km ski, etc) and slow at least one day a week. I can't be bothered exercizing.

I run 3 - 5 times each week. My usual route is 3.2 miles and I try to do it with an 8 minute/mile pace. Once a week, usually on the weekend, I double the loop and try for an 8:30 pace. I train sporadically for and run in 5K's. Running keeps me in shape for hiking, but that doesn't seem to work in the reverse. I'm planning to add weight training to the mix this year.

I run or hike for at least four days a week, unless I'm doing equivalent aerobic activities. Some of the other activities include biking, rowing, swimming and (yuck) shoveling--either snow or dirt. I see to it that I get a minimum of one hour of strenuous exercise each of these days. Most days I do considerably more. I don't do gyms or machines, and I always try to do my exercise outdoors except in the most hidious weather. As I live in the western Catskills, the weather can get quite hidious. I take at least one day off every week 'cause that's what even god did, or so they say....

What else, what else? Oh yeah: I don't wear Spandex and I don't eat quiche (hell, I don't even think I can *spell* quiche),

;)

porky pine

It's really a domino effect. I love to hike. To be in shape for hiking I jog 10-20 miles/wk. To prevent injury from the jogging (I have awful joints) and tone other parts of my body for the hiking I practice yoga as often as possible, which amounts to I guess 3-4 times a week. It varies depending when I can fit it all into my schedule. And of course I hike, but I dont consider that excersize...it's fun!:p

Oh yeah: I don't wear Spandex and I don't eat quiche

Ya got something against Spandex, Mr. Porky? I wear something spandex every day! My, I think I'll wear a full Spandex Suit to do the Devil's Path thing.. :) bwaahhahahahah.

It's a rite of passage for cyclists, having your legs balloon up like a parachute and get sucked into the big ring...well.. sucks!

Jay

I've got nothin' against Spandex, it looks great on my girlfriend. However, my quills (and my huge rippling muscles) tears the stuff apart....
:D
the porkster

BTW, folks managed to ride bicycles just fine for better than a hundred years before Spandex came around!