Fall foliage in Baxter

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rasgoat

Reaction score
Hey all,

I was wondering when the approximate peak of the fall foliage occurs in Baxter SP Maine? I would assume mid to late September?????

Thanks,

Ralph

BSP typically peaks "around" Oct 1st-5th. I have spent many years camping the last weekend in Sept at Roaring Brook (annual event), only to find lots-o-green left. :rolleyes:

The last few years we switched it to Columbus Day Weekend, and have found it slightly past peak.

The perfect time would be between those two weekends, but if you are looking for more green than brown (and do not want to head up mid week), then head up there the last weekend in Sept.

Regardless of the weekend, it's a great time of year to visit BSP because the bugs are gone, the foliage is incredible, La Casa has 2 for 1 specials, and the moose are rutting... :)

Reactions: arm
Thank you for the replies!.... one question, what are the advantages of the Moose rutting?

Last edited:
The advantage of moose rutting is that a bull moose will actually walk right up to you (in the Spring they will run away). The disadvantage is that they are highly agressive and want to mate (big time!), so don't get too close! :eek:

The bottom line is that moose encounters are more likely during the rutting season than any other time of year (even the females will allow you to almost touch them), but be weary because these animals can do major bodily damage... :eek:

Let the camera do the talking (at a distance)... :)

Frodo said:
(even the females will allow you to almost touch them), but be weary because these animals can do major bodily damage... :eek:

Let the camera do the talking (at a distance)... :)

Sounds like the La Casa to me.
:)

grog