February trip to Camp Peggy O'Brien

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crazymama

Reaction score
We still have room!

A few people changed their minds, and it turns out that we’ve still got 4 spots left for the Feb 24-27 trip (three nights—Sun, Mon, Tue) to Camp Peggy O’Brien (near JBL). It’s a 3 mile hike in, but then you are in a great position to hike the Great Range, Big Slide, or just hang out, ski and snowshoe the Johns Brook Valley. Cost is only $65 per person for the three nights in a heated cabin with bunks and cooking facilities.

So far we’ve got a fun, strong group going:
crazymama
Hillman
HighonLife
Mimi
Tmax (and friend)
Teejay
Prino

This is the agenda for at least a few of us:
Big Slide--Sunday
Basin and Haystack--Monday :D
Saddleback, Gothics, Armstrong, Upper Wolfjaw, Lower Wolfjaw--Tuesday :eek:

And in the evenings—eat, drink, and be merry (and warm) at the camp. ;)

We need 4 more interested folks to make this trip happen.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE---PM me ASAP if you would like to go, as our $$ deadline is nearing, and I'd really like to fill the spots before then....

Lyle

Last edited:
If the four spots stay open, would the remaining folks mind dividing up the cost of the empty bunks? I wouldn't mind. I think it comes out to about 34.20 per person extra.

hillman1 said:
If the four spots stay open, would the remaining folks mind dividing up the cost of the empty bunks? I wouldn't mind. I think it comes out to about 34.20 per person extra.

I'm willing to do that.

Fortunately, I did hear from a couple more people today (Arm and unfrozencaveman) who may take 2 or 3 more bunks...

Reactions: arm
The trip is on...and will stay that way

TMax said:
I'll put in extra money as well. No cancelling, please! And besides, it's pretty likely we could find someone as the trip got closer too.

I edited my post and deleted the "cancel" word. We're going come hell or high water. :)