Finally! HikerBob's #48 -Garfield

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome report, Bob. It was nice meeting up with you for your 48th. It was great meeting so many other people as well. Again, congrats Bob!

Very nicely done Bob, both the milestone you’ve achieved and all the photos and chronicles of how it came to be. You’ve been a class act from the beginning and I look forward to reading the accounts of what the future brings. Also, a big high-five for completing the whole Franconia Brook Trail - that alone must put you among select company!

Hey Hikerbob,

Great accomplishment. Sorry I couldn't be there... one of these days we're going to have to cross paths somehow. What are you plans post 48?

-Dr. Wu

What a great hike!!!!

Bob ...congrats on your 48th!!! It was so nice to have meet you and all
the other people from VFTT. Your a tough act to follow. Keep those
pics coming in. Your trip report was awesome!!!!

Once again - thank you everyone :)

I think my next list might be the "48 for other peoples finishes" list :) Hoping to be on the Kinsmans for Brians finish next weekend, then Sapblatts is coming up in Oct...

I think there is plenty to keep me occupied for a while :)

Bob

"I think my next list might be the "48 for other peoples finishes" list :) "

HikerBob
I think you have something there! Imagine at the end of every trail, at the summit, A PARTY! Now thats definately something to look forward to. We need to create a calender that lists everyones 48th!

Congrats, really. I am inspired by these accomplishments. I am in the middle of the list with my son. he is at 27 and I am at 31. It is hard to get up to the mountains and our list is taking longer then I hoped. However I can see the personal growth in both of us. It really is so much more then check marks and dates on a list.

Congratulations!!

Hey Hiker Bob! After following your progress these past two years, I am SO proud of you!! What a great accomplishment. You set your mind on it, and now here you are. Those hikes I've accompanied you on were absolutely brilliant fun. Thanks for introducing me to the Whites. Here's to many more!!!

Lees

Congratulations.

Mystery plant #1: an aster of sorts, maybe Wavy-leaved?
Mystery plant #2: Meadowsweet, for sure (related to Steeplebush)

Thanks again, everyone :)

I'd also like to welcome Travl_Lees to VFTT but I was a little dissapointed she didn't use

THIS picture from a VERY wet hike to Jefferson last year!

(I'm in trouble now! :D)

A green square for the first person to guess where her avatar pic was taken?

(MichaelJ is disqualified as maybe having insider knowledge :))

Bob

HikerBob said:

I'd also like to welcome Travl_Lees to VFTT but I was a little dissapointed she didn't use

Bob

Everest Base Camp?

HikerBob said:

THIS picture from a VERY wet hike to Jefferson last year!

(I'm in trouble now! :D)

Bob

Well, *that* hike was not particularly brilliant...but we can laugh about it now. hahaha! Looking at it, I find it rather funny that I'm so dang soaking wet, and my water bottle is, like, right out there.

sapblatt said:
Everest Base Camp?

Yep, you got it!! North Face - Tibet, 17,600 feet. The hardest short little walk (Rongbuk to Base) I will ever take.

Cheers!!

Lees