Finishing the 48 this sat

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

do_truancy

Reaction score
It feels bittersweet to be posting the hike that will complete my 48.

I will be hiking the Presidential Traverse this Sat and making it a wrap. I expect to complete the hike around 6pm on Jackson Sat Sept 5th. All are welcomed to hike some or all of this hike with me. I know Farmer will be out there blazing this trail for time.

the weather is promising to be wonderful...but this is New England and this is a ridge...so or course this is dependant on weather.

cheers to all-Isabelle

i donno - you blew me off sunday..... we waited for 3 hours in the lot....:eek:

just kiddin - would love a traverse (haven't done one this year:(), but en route to germany this weekend - an not for fun:(:(

have a good time - and have fun partying.. tell a few Moody jokes for me.

i donno - you blew me off sunday..... we waited for 3 hours in the lot....:eek:

just kiddin - would love a traverse (haven't done one this year:(), but en route to germany this weekend - an not for fun:(:(

have a good time - and have fun partying.. tell a few Moody jokes for me.

haw shucks!!!! I did miss out! NEXT time don't leave Joe at the trailhead, it scared me off@@@

Oddly enough I may be doing another presi traverse soon ...

AND what this about the homeless with the dropsys??? yup nothing like lunch with McRat!

Woo-hoo! A huge congratulations to you!! I have a kiddie birthday party to attend on Sat and can't come to the mountains to play until Sunday. But I will be sending you warm thoughts and I hope you have a great day!

Have fun Isabelle, and congrats in advance! Painting the house Saturday or I might join you for the last part. I'm too wimpy to consider doing the whole traverse. ;)

0K, just got off the phone with Izz - the plan is to hike northbound. We'll be at The Highland Center at 7:00 a.m. for the all you can eat breakfast, start hiking at approx. 8:00 a.m. so that we'll be on Madison for the sunset/moonrise and beers! Even if you don't feel like doing the entire traverse, meet up with us for the celebration under the full moon on Madison :cool: The hike will conclude by hiking down to Barnes Field for fire and more beer consumption - wooo hooo :D

I won't be there but I can donate a mini-keg for the traverse :D

Will give it to you tonight......

ill give some high fives on my way to pierce. it will be an awesome day!

Thanks Mots... I will know I am toughie if I can complete the traverse with the 'Mots keg' in my pack:)

My plan is empty the keg as fast as possible:eek: that will prevent the hike from being a galumph and more of a gambol!!

Wow Mats....you are the giver of mini kegs!!! :D

Mine is going to Acadia with me this weekend and we will try and do you proud!! Not sure if I can talk Nif into carrying it for me on our traverse though......may be consumed on top of Beehive for a sunset full moon hike..:p

Isabelle--kick butt, wish i was there to celebrate but previous plans were made!!! :cool: