Flags on the 48 2007

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SilentCal

Reaction score
Who: Any hikers are welcome
What: Flags on the 48 2007
Where: All of New Hampshire's 4000 footers
When: September 8th 2007 from Noon to 2:00 p.m.
How: Information for the event itself can be found here:

www.Flagsonthe48.org

Signups for this years event will be held on July 9th at 6:00 p.m. sharp. Peaks do go quickly and it is advised that you have a backup peak planned for when signing up. The three peaks of Cannon, Washington and Wildcat D do offer non-hiker access for those that wish to participate but cannot hike. Please send me a pm should anyone have any questions about the event. Thanks to all that participate.

Just a reminder that Signups open this Monday July 9th at 6:00 pm.

We have had several inquries about the event itself so hopefully we'll get all the peaks cover again.

Thanks.

dirt said:
Signups went smoothly and there's still peaks available. I look forward to raising our flag again for this year's memorial hike from the summit of Garfield.
You'd better hurry! There's only 10 left!

Anyone want to join us for Osceola/East O. ?

There used to bea post gathering at the Mooseland Grill before it burnt down. Since then, people have gone to their personal favorite places to eat. We had a good sized group return to the KOA in Woodstock last year. We are planning the same type of gathering again.

My clan will be friday and saturday night at the Woodstock KOA.
We've the same Kabin as last year across from the tent sites.
Beer and Beef Safe Storage available upon request (please subtract a small "carrying fee" :) ).

We still have several peaks left. Is there anyone out there who can help us with these:

Owl's Head
South Carter
Wildcat D

I covered Wildcat D in 2004 for my first Flags on the 48 as the peak coordinator, and I have to say it was quite an experience. The weather was great, and there were lots of visitors. Besides the great views west towards Washington, Adams, and Madison, there's always the option of using the gondola if weather does get bad. Due to the accessibility of the peak you'd be assured of having lots of visitors when your flag is flying. I'm surprised to see this peak is still available with less than a month to go. I hope someone visits flagsonthe48.org soon and grabs this peak. Visit the gallery while you're there and check out my photos from '04 and others from previous years.

There are two peaks left.

Owl's Head
Wildcat D

I'm surprised no one has taken Wildcat D. The gondola would allow non-hiker friends to participate. For Owl's Head, it is what it is but hopefully we'll get them all covered.

I plan on hiking one of the peaks with my son and wife and maybe others, but I can't commit to anything, becuase the little guy dictates how far we go.

I was thinking washington and my wife would drive up with him and drive us down.

If not that, it would be an easier one with a short hike up like isolation or carrigain.

All 48 now will have coverage for the event. Thanks to everyone that has signed up.

Now we need the good weather and a nice breeze to get those flags unfurled.