Flags on the 48: Wildcat A

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
amstony said:
MichaelJ- Glad you guys made it out safe. We were wondering where all the teams on the exposed ridgelines were, and that they had all made it to safe spots in time. Looks like except for getting VERY WET, everyone did fine. :)

We made it out just fine but later heard from Periwinkle that a group of hikers stopped by her store and said they were all "shocked" when a ground strike electrified the puddles they were hiking through on the Bridle Path Trail. MichaelJ and I had been planning our response to lightning should it strike nearby; and getting out of the water that was fast filling the trail was one of our concerns.

Has anyone heard of any other confirmed injuries?? There were, sadly, many people going UP on Lafayette as MichaelJ and I were coming down.

Sabrina

Thanks Sherpa...you did a great job up on Wildcat D.
I can't believe Conor did his first 4K at 17 months old (WOW).
He was a champ! I'll agree Arm's fudge was soooooooo
good Deb stopped by and bought some on the ride back to
the mountain house. It was great meeting some new faces
(Gris,Cindy,Petewireles & family) and see some old TMAX,
Seven Summits etc.
God Bless America!!!!!

Mr. X said:
Arm was with Swamp, Frodo & myself up at Cherry Mt. Rd. We thought we were meeting up with more people, but it was cool with just us.

yes too bad - I drove though CMR about 4ish and saw only one tent at 4 and a smoldering fire at 3. (but didn't actually go into 3) - We heard that frodo, swamp, etc were all heading home that night anyway- thought arm was coming to bethelem. deb is going to kick his arse when she sees him cuz she cooked dinner for him :eek: :eek: :eek:

communication snafu - had I known folks were there on sat eve, I (and probably others) would have swumg by for a couple beers after dinner. we thought everyone was either going home or to the mth house - we all got cocked there anyway. fun weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So there wuz sumpin at CMR. Oh ya, Deb's Irish taters were aaahhhsum. Thought about em all de way to Manchestah in da caaah (as Connor would say) hehehe... :D