Fourth Fireworks in the Whites?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doc McPeak

Reaction score
saratoga springs Avatar: Spring has sprung ... ju
I'm going to be in Franconia Notch on the Fourth (Monday). Does anybody know where, or if, there will be any fireworks that evening? Also, is there a good perch for checking them out?

I recall maybe the MW Hotel? Am hoping for something in the Notch vicinity.

Also, here's a fun Fireworks e-card for everyone.

http://www.njagyouth.org/liberty.htm

Turn up the volume, click in the sky (multi-click! for your grand finale) and have a safe and fun fourth.

Try Warren, by the rocket. I don't know for sure which night theirs will be, but they always have them and it's a great, small-town celebration.

make sure to challenge all the kids for the parachute rocket at the end.

spencer

We used to watch the fireworks from the summit of Moosilauke. They're somewhat uninspiring from that high, but Warren, Lincoln, and Plymouth all had some nice shows.

-dave-

In Massachusetts...

For several years I've driven or hiked up Nobscot Hill in Sudbury, MA. There is a fire tower on top that offers 360 views west to Mt. Wachusett, east to Boston, North as far as Mt. Monadock, and similarly as far south.

You can usually watch 7 - 8 different fire work shows from area communities, plus Boston's BIG fire work show (although not all that big from that distance).

Dave is correct in that the fire works don't seem all that great from far away and up high.

Take care the tower is private property although I've seen the gate left open for 4th of July. You can access the tower through a hole in the fence around the back of the fenced in area. I've meet several of the fire tower workers and most are nice and understand that when I am most people are up there they are not causing any damage or distruction, but like I said it is private property. If you do not want to go up the tower there is a small cliff just down the hill from the tower that has a great view East to Boston and you can see 3 fire work displays (Boston, Framigham, and another unknown one).

Happy 4th!