Foxes

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnL

Reaction score
On my drive to the trailhead early Saturday morning, I spotted a fox in the driveway of the motel across the road from the Mt Washington Hotel. I stopped but I wasn't able to get my camera out of my pack in time to capture an image. However, when I got to the Crawford Path trailhead, there was a Momma Fox and her five offspring seemingly waiting for me.

4657792703_9286746aca.jpg

4658112548_7b9631821b.jpg

4657491131_8e9c1a7841.jpg

JohnL

Last edited:
Unfortunately the Employee's and guests of the resort (Hotel. Arms and motor lodge) feed these animals. It is easier for them to hang around out front of these establishments than it is to hunt. Until the people stop feeding them they will continue to hang around.

Notice I mentioned Employee's first, because they ARE the worst offenders!

Nice to see you on the Summit of Mt. Pierce! Cool that you posted the photos!

-Dr. Wu

Very nice to see you as well and allow me to offer you and your friends a belated "How do you do." Too bad you missed the foxes. The little ones were so cool to watch running around and sparring with each other. See you on the trails.

JohnL

Sorry I missed you. Garry & I did Eisenhower & Pierce & spotted his car at the lot off of the Mt. Clinton Road. We were on Pierce after Ike just about noon.

On my way though I saw a couple of cars & one fox on Route 302. the C-Notch fox Is a regular visitor. Saw him/or her apparently last fall.