Franconia Ridge, 03-09-2011

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alavigne

Reaction score
Hello, All

On Wednesday, we were intending to do a loop hike of Franconia Ridge starting from the Falling Waters / Old Bridle Path trailhead, but icy conditions combined with a missing crampon bolt turned it into a there-and-back up to the summit of Lincoln (via the Falling Waters Trail).

For those interested, full trip report is available here.

...Andrew

Andrew, excellent trip report and photos (as usual). Seems as though lately there are a lot less trip reports of the "usual" hikes, such as Franconia Ridge. Maybe people think the readers will be bored, and that's understandable. But I am never bored with a good trip report no matter how many times others have done it before. Keep posting.

Quote of the month candidate: "...there's nothing worse than extended gear fumbling high up in the mountains when your hands are cold and the wind is blowing..."

One more thing. Thank you thank you for standing still while shooting the video. It's amazing how that one simple thing can be the difference between a good video like yours and so many other forgettable ones.

. . . Seems as though lately there are a lot less trip reports of the "usual" hikes, such as Franconia Ridge. Maybe people think the readers will be bored, and that's understandable. But I am never bored with a good trip report no matter how many times others have done it before. Keep posting . . .
Superb report! And, Billy pretty much summed up my thoughts. I agree completely with his statement quoted above.

The inclusion of the video was a very nice touch. It really made me feel like I was tagging right along with you on the trek.

Great report and gorgeous pics! The shots along the Falling Waters trail are amazing. Too bad about getting turned back by a missing bolt. Winding up at the Gypsy Cafe definitely softens the blow though. Nice!

Andrew,

Great report and pics. I love the waterfall pic on the third page of the report. Looks like a great hike and smart move to turn on Lincoln. Better safe than sorry.

Thanks for sharing!

Karl