franconia weather sites

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markv

Reaction score
I'm plotting my semi-annual business/hiking stop in New England, so it's time once again to harass this board with stupid questions!

To start with, is there a weather station anywhere up on the Franconia Ridge? Before doing Mt. Washington last year i like doing the daily internet check on the weather up there, but i'm sure there's nothing with that kind of detail on Lafayette. But surely there is something with more info than wunderground.com, yes?

We're planning late October, and i'll be sorely disappointed if i don't get a dose of rime ice and bruised kneecaps.

Good Weather Info

The NOAA sites give you good information on the valleys, but the tops, that's another story, as today demonstrates (55-60 was the forecast for the Lincoln, NH area; on top it was 35 degrees, 35 mph winds, and all clouds).

In my quest for something more relevant, I found this: http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/mountains.html . This is the high peaks forecast, issued from Mt. Washington. It is not specific to Franconia, but it accurately covered what I found on top of Osceola today. Brrrr.

And as you know, you can browse that site for the latest on Mt. Washington as well. Stay warm!

Last edited: