Freaking Amazing Kilkenny Ridge Traverse -- July 3

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those puncheons, if they're the ones I'm thinking of around Kilback Pond, were already just floating on mud the last time I was there, and that was in a dry August.

Great hike for such a motley group!

Those puncheons, if they're the ones I'm thinking of around Kilback Pond, were already just floating on mud the last time I was there, and that was in a dry August.

Great hike for such a motley group!
No, the ones at the Kilback Pond were in good shape. This was about 0.5 mi south of that Pond.

-Dr. Wu

Is That Your Pinky?

That was Giggy on the summit of Waumbek! We turned him into a cairn!

I assume a lit cigarette was wedged into the cairn after the tag-team, um, completed the hike?

Sounds like a great time was had by all!

OK, Larisa, fess up...what is it about Rogers Ledge? ;)

This is one that's on my list for this winter. Get your snowshoes ready.

And what's all this talk about the best crew ever? I wasn't there, so we know it coulda been a little better, at least.

Jason

This is one that's on my list for this winter. Get your snowshoes ready.

And what's all this talk about the best crew ever? I wasn't there, so we know it coulda been a little better, at least.

Jason

yikes.
hope you are good with maps and compass. tough to follow in the winter (i would imagine)

hope you are good with maps and compass.

I've heard of maps, but what's this compass you speak of? I just use a GPS. I never even have to look up at those ugly trees and stuff. Just stare at the screen and go whichever way the little arrow tells me.

I've heard of maps, but what's this compass you speak of? I just use a GPS. I never even have to look up at those ugly trees and stuff. Just stare at the screen and go whichever way the little arrow tells me.

okay, ill trust you! maybee ill go. didnt realize you had gps. is it in your cell phone?

I don't get the beef with Roger's Ledge? It's my favorite spot in the Whites for a few different reasons.

And, as for the area in the Winter, you are more likely now than ten years ago to see some other tracks, but it still wouldn't be a common occurance. Very sparsely travelled in the winter. The ski out on the Mill Brook Trail can be fun and borderline deadly in a couple of spots.

OK, Larisa, fess up...what is it about Rogers Ledge? ;)

ok, i guess i will tell the story.
Wu drugged my drinking water with something (not sure what, but im guessing date rape drug-see objective of trip) and i passed out on the top of rogers ledge. obviously he has experience with drugging people because the timing was spot on. while i was passed out he ...............
never mind.

This traverse has one that has alluded me for some time..... I have hiked some in that area, but never the entire traverse... looks like an awesome time...

I was hoping to do it this summer or fall... Lat time I was in Killkenny, we saw this:
http://www.anoige.ie/Editor/assets/kilkenny castle.jpg

Anyone know the connection with the trail name to the Irish county?

I checked some pix - I guess I was there in spirit?????? Some odd stuff going on with that cairn... I can't hike with you folks anymore, your a bad influence...

Hoping to catch up with everyone soon... :D