From whence you hail?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Home state.

• CT

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • RI

• MA

Votes: 11 15.7%
  • VT

• NH

Votes: 11 15.7%
  • ME

Votes: 6 8.6%
  • NY

Votes: 27 38.6%
  • NJ

Votes: 6 8.6%
  • PA

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i hail from...

i am from ishpeming, michigan
right outside of marquette, michigan - which is actually the 3rd olympic training site. ya know? haven't heard of them? how about the upper peninsula of michigan?
i'm a "yooper" & we talk like they did in "fargo" - at least i used to.
now i live in guilderland, ny & am so glad i moved here. never having visited ny prior to moving here 9 yrs ago i only expected it to be like the city. i will never forget my first hike up to giant and walking out on the ledge - the view just blew me away. i was hooked and knew i could never live anywhere without mountains again.

I have lived in Northwest NJ all my life. I live in the pretty part 1 mile away from the AT. I also lived in NC for a year as well as PA but that was only because of school. Would love to move farther North but the wife says too much snow for her.

I grew up in New York State and spent a lot of time in the 'daks. Although too late for the poll, I'll add one more to the NH catgory. I currently live in the Upper Valley region of NH.

One more for Other

Born in Rhodes, a very sunny island in the south east Aegean sea(in Greece).

I lived there the first 18 years of my life. The low temperatures in the winter usually are over 40. In our house we had a big cistern where we collected rain water that we used to water the trees in our backyard (big backyard - had more than 20 fruit trees in it). Well, I remember that once every two years or so the surface of the cistern would freeze. A very thin layer of ice that if you got up after 7 a.m. would be gone. It was a big deal for us kids and our parents woke us up early in those days to witness the “big event”.

Never saw snow while there. I did see snow for the first time when I was 14 and that was in central Greece. I was about 60 miles away from it but I did see it. :D

Moved to New Jersey for six months in 1980 and boy did I see and touch a lot of snow that year! Then ten years in Brooklyn, NY and since 1990 in Menands, NY, just north of Albany.

Even though I was born in a sunny island (my mother claims that I learn to swim before I learn to walk or talk, and my father always said that I must have salt water running in my veins), I love the mountains and the winter. Go figure!

Last edited: