Gas prices up north

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bobby

Reaction score
I was in the Conway area yesterday, gas prices ranged from $2.399 per gallon down to $2.259 at the Irving near EMS, and $2.249 at the 7-11 in North Conway. I'm sure they've gone up by now - the gas station at Rte 125/16 in Wakefield was $2.2259 in the morning, I passed it on the way home and they were up to 2.349.

Wholesale prices have been rising for quite a while. It took retailers some time to cross the line going back above $2/gal.

AFAIK, gasoline sold in New England is imported as gasoline, so stockpiles in Oklahoma might not directly affect our prices locally.

Heard on the radio today that the increase is partly do to "summer formulation" that they must use this time of the year (some law) it cost more to produce and that cost is just passed along.

Unless I'm dreaming gas prices always go up at the start of summer. Of course they go up for every other reason too.:rolleyes:

Unless I'm dreaming gas prices always go up at the start of summer. Of course they go up for every other reason too.:rolleyes:

On January 1, 2009 a gallon of gas cost $1.60. The price has increased almost 50% since then despite the fact that supply is relatively high and demand is relatively low.

Just back from trip to ME. Gas prices were highest in CT, and lowest in NJ.