Gas Station Champagne

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Abster

Reaction score
48th completed!! :)

MadTownie, DRitter, 7Summits, MarcHowe and I met up on Sat. morning for the hike up Tecumseh via the Mt Tecumseh Trail off of Tripoli Road – beautiful, fun trail!! The difference with this hike was my four-legged companions. My parents’ Goldens were not joining me this time, but rather my own two dogs!! :D The original Abster – the Chocolate – Abby and my recently adopted Black – Ryder.

The hike was pretty relaxing and company was good. Before too long we were on the summit #48! Among the pics and congrats, HuiYeng pulled out some Cook’s – which she had picked up at a gas station while heading to the trailhead. We had a snack and shared speeding ticket stories….difficult to say who has the most ‘experience’. ;)

Quick, easy trip down and the dogs found a nice mudhole to cool down. Back at the parking lot, Abby and Ryder (wet & muddy) got into the back of my car and stayed there – Abby’s eyes were closed in minutes. (She is feeling good today!)

Peter brought out some Black Label and Marc some beers and we talked about what to do next since it was only 1:15pm. Damon, Peter, Marc and I headed to the Woodstock Inn and HuiYeng headed south.

Thank you to this group for joining me for my 48th and all those who have contacted me with well wishes!! It has been fun. :)

Off to France Thursday…! :p :D :eek:

Sincerely,

Hanna
I am hoping the rest of the crew will add some pics here. Thanks guys!

Congrats on 48. I think I was there with you for your first two on the Kinsmans way back when? Regardless, congrats and have fun in France.

Ne pas tomber pour le tour hommes français jouent quand ils demandent si vous voulez voir un saucisson français. ;)

Congratulations!

Congratulations! I remember how much you wanted your dog Abby with you for your 48th. I'm so glad you got to enjoy it together. :)

Congratulations!

Glad you could finish with the company of both two-legged and four-legged friends.
June

Hey I was on Sandwich Dome during the day, and it poured, though it looks likek you were up earlier in the day. There was also a little thunder in the distance, which made me a bit nervous, but it all turned out fine. Nice tanapalooza shirt, btw :). I need one of them!

Congratulations on #48!! For me, Tecumseh was #1, on a trip to Waterville Valley. Osceola was #2, probably a year later.
Abster said:
Off to France Thursday…! :p :D :eek:
I am leaving for Switzerland on Thursday, would be weird if we ran into each other at Logan :D

Congratulations, Hanna! 'Twas a pleasure to hike with you up Moosilaukee last March in the bitter cold. Must have been a little different doing Tecumseh.

Hope we get to hike again really soon.

Marty

Last edited:
Congratulations! I'm glad the pups were able to join you and that you had such a fun finish.

Short hike = few photos (here).

We lucked out with the weather (you're right, Marty! :eek: ), it didn't rain on us until we were ready to pay the check at the Station. A warm day, an easy trail, and most of all, excellent company.

So congratulations, Abster! Abby certainly proved that the wait was worth it! Just think, if she had done it in winter she wouldn't have had that nice mud hole to wallow in! :D It was great to share 48's with you.

Have a fantastic time in the big mountains--we'll all be awaiting THAT trip report! :cool: Bon voyage!

Thanks All!!

Jamie - Yes, after a nice spring hike a couple years back you announced that I had just done my first 4K - little did I know...

Townie - what is Artex saying...a little translation please!

Mohamed - I am actually flying out of Hartford, but I hope you have a fantastic time in Switzerland! Wish I could take a month also..

Thanks for posting pics - HuiYeng, Marc and Peter!