Gathering 7.0 Schedule, READ THIS!!

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teejay

Reaction score
The Beautiful Finger Lakes; Avatar: 4 Hrs. up, 4
This is the "schedule" for the Gathering. Hopefully, I've brought together all the information you will need in this one post if you are planning on coming. Note that most of it has just been copied from old posts.

Thursday, Sept. 16, 2004: People start showing up at the campground. I'll be there about 12:00.

Friday: We hike. More people show up. There will be a group "Social Hour/Dinner" at the Inn at Woodland Valley starting at 7:00.

Saturday: We hike. More people show up. There will be a potluck dinner in the evening at the campground, bring a dish to pass.

Sunday: We'll go to breakfast at Sweet Sue's in Phoenicia. Ill get a head count at the campground. We hike. We break camp. We go home.

That's it.

Here's one set of directions to the Gathering campground, Hide-a-Way. http://www.dec.state.ny.us/website/...s/woodland.html

Hide-a Way is about 1.5 miles before Woodland Valley campground on the right, #900 Woodland Valley Rd. These will work for anyone coming from the north, south or east via the Thruway.

From the west, eg. Syracuse, Rochester, Buffalo I'd suggest heading south on I-81, or I-395/17E to I-88. Exit (#15?) at Rt. 23 in Oneonta going east. Take Rt. 23A near Prattsville to Rt. 42 at Lexington south to Rt. 28. Go east on 28 4-5 miles and turn at the Inn at Woodland Valley. Follow signs for the state campground.

There are other options, but these directions will work.

Note: coming from the east on I-90 (Mass Pike, Thruway) do not exit from the Thruway main line following I-90 (Exit B1) into Albany. Stay straight at the exit to reach I-87 south. This 6 mile stretch of the Berkshire Section of the Thruway has no route number, it's Interstate nothing. Go figure.

Here are the details on Friday's dinner. If you are planning on coming, pick a menu choice in the poll so that we will have a rough count for the restaurant (look for the poll thread).

Following is the email I received from Patti Muller from the Inn at Woodland Valley about our dinner Friday, September 17. I decided to post the menu selections as a poll to get a rough head count so we can give the restaurant plenty of notice.

(quote)
7 P.M.- Cocktail hour. Cash bar. Appetizers served.
8 P.M.- Salads and bread served at tables. Dinners to follow.
Desserts offered at additional cost of $2.95. We offer a selection
of mousse cakes normally priced @4.95. Coffee, tea, and
expresso available for additional cost as well.

Dinner priced @ $20.00 per person includes gratuity and sales tax. Meals served w/ choice of Baked Potato, Garlic Mashed Potato, French Fries, or Basmati Rice as well as our vegetable of the day usually blanched and lightly sauteed w/ fresh herbs. Choose from:

1. Chicken Picatta-Breasts sauteed in a Lemon, caper, white wine sauce
2. Pecan Encrusted Chicken Breast
3. Soy Grilled Tuna
4. Sweet Bourbon Glazed Salmon
5. Pesto Grilled Swordfish
6. 12 oz. N.Y. Strip Steak
7. Ribs

Vegetarian Selections include;

8. Pasta Alfredo w/ veggies (dairy)
9. Malaysian Vegetable Cuirry over Basmati rice (vegan)

I hope this gives you what you need to show the folks. Thanks again. Patti (endquote)

Anyone not eating at the restaurant is welcome to join in for the social hour.

Just take a second to vote in the poll. There's no need to PM or email me or even reply to this message.

One other thing I will mention again here. The Mullers have some lodging available for anyone not camping at Hide-A-Way. Their number is 845 688-5711. Talk to Patti.

Dates: September 16-19, (Thursday-Sunday) 2004

Campground: Hide-A-Way Campground
900 Woodland Valley Road
Phoenicia, NY 12464
(845)688-5109

Note: The campground doesn't take plastic.

Restaurant: The Inn at Woodland Valley
Route 28
Shandaken, NY 12480
(845)688-5711

Note: This is at the intersection where you will turn
off Rt. 28 for Woodland Valley Road.

My information: Tom Jenks
117 South St.
P. O. Box 114
Elbridge, NY 13060-0114

Phones,etc.: Home: (315)689-6390
Mobile: (315)689-1883
Toll Free: (800)575-6598
email: tjinks at twcny dot rr dot com

Note: If you call my 800 number, that's fine. Just
let me know, so I can call you back, that's cheaper.
Important notes: I will be away from my computer from 8:00 AM today (9/10) until Sunday (9/12) afternoon. DO NOT try to PM me!!! The "Inbox" is abyssmally tiny. email or phone only, please! I should have good cell coverage all weekend as I will be in "civilization". One more phone number that will work is 1 800 484-1046. Enter 1177 at the prompt. It will come to my cell.

A separate thread is running for making hiking plans with others.

Don't send me any money. The campground will collect camping fees when you check in. We'll pay for dinner at the restaurant.

We're off to Kingston, ON.

teejay

One more note

The campground has one large group tent site and 6 smaller ones. These are all located in the same area. I've reserved all of them.

We should have no problem fitting in and we can overflow into other sites if necessary.

The owner has told me he will accomodate us.

There are no showers at Hide-A-Way but they are available at the State campground, Woodland Valley, just up the road. Periwinkle won't be coming, so we can't use the one in her trailer.

There's no store at the campground, so you'll have to get supplies in Phoenicia.

teejay

Concerning saturday dinner, is there anything other than food that we need that I can bring? Unless you guys want to eat boiling water or perhaps toast for dinner... :)

I'm bringing all my battery operated devil's horns with me that I had from my Devil's Path thing but they're kind of plastic and they don't taste that good either.

Jay