Gluten Free backpacking entrees

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shoes to Views

Reaction score
I'm looking for any recommendations on gluten free backpacking meals. We've been able to find a few in the local outfitters, but the selection is pretty limited. I've seen online ads
(here's one) http://www.wildernessdining.com/gl.html for for a couple of brands that seem to have a better selection, and I'm wondering if anyone here can recommend any.

Barkingcat and WinterWarlock. Thank you for your suggestions.To answer your questions Barkingcat, we could either use prepared backpacking meals or other lightweight, nonperishable food. Both the GF diet and backpacking are fairly new to us (within a year), so we're still in the learning phase. The neat laminated pour-water-in-the-bag containers of the "backpacker meals" are handy and eliminate the need to carry and clean a couple of dishes, but I'm not averse to putting together our own recipes. Please share what you're willing.

Do you live near a Wegmans? Their Natures Market section has loys of gluten free stuff that could be made into a backpacking meal.

I like buckwheat noodles (asia section) with cheese sauce myself.

PURE Bars, very good, they boast "Like a good mood in a wrapper" on brownies.
I find these at Hannafords.
And of course there is spam in a sack.:eek:
There was a thread here about gluten free last winter with lots of info.
I tend to make up my own meals with different ingredients, can be creative.