Goodbye to an old friend...

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
{{{{{{{{{TMax}}}}}}}}}}}}
Godspeed, Luke. He'll be waiting for you when you pass over.

What a moving story. It brought tears to my eyes, I've been there and its so hard. We never forget our traildoggies, ever. I will always remember my sweet lab, Charlie Brown, as my Spirit Dog, forever flying over me on hikes. Its been about five years since he passed, and I still carry his collar and tags in my pack, so he's always with me.

Sorry for your loss. I always remember my Borroughs traverse, some years ago with my two Labs, the original Rocky&Summit. I know you'll remember your buddie every time you do this hike, as I do. Thanks for sharing.

What a touching TR. I did a memorial solo paddle trip on the 1-year anniversary of losing my old lab; I still mist up when I think about it. Writing about the memories was a big part of healing for me. You're lucky to have had such a loyal hiking companion for your Catskills trips.

Sounds like Luke lived a wonderful life. He was one of the lucky ones to be blessed with a kind human.