Got Engaged on Slide over the weekend!

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aesop74

Reaction score
I asked my girlfriend Raemie to marry me on top of Slide Mountain in a little clearing off the summit rocks. She was totally suprised, cried a bit and accepted!! :D Saturday 10/13 was a great day up there for sure.

Anyone else propose on a mountaintop?

Yup. North Sugarloaf in Twin Mountain, NH. I figured we'll still be able to hike it when we're somewhat old and feeble.

Also someday soon, we'll be able to see it from our living room.

That's great. We were up on Panther looking towards Slide that day and thought we saw some guy on his knee.

Perhaps you'll have the wedding there too?

Congrats!

Congrats, I was on Ashoken High Point on saturday and had a clear view of Slide.. A very nice fall day in the mountains.. :)

Jay

Congratulations! Nice place for an engagement.

I had planned on proposing on the summit of Cascade or Big Slide, but the weather turned very bad and I didn't want to wait several months before our next trip to the ADKs, ...... so I ended up with a simple, non-dramatic proposal in our room at the Hilton in LP. Despite the change of plans, it turned out well. :D

Congrats again to you and Raemie!

Slide Engagement

I think it's great that others planned or succeeded in getting engaged on top of their favorite mountain...or at the very least A mountain. It was my first time back on Slide since March 1996 when I did Wittenberg, Cornell and Slide for my first 3 of the 3500 Club summits. Still at it.

I didn't get proposed to on a Mountaintop....But next Summer, I am Getting Married on one.......

Congratulations! :)

Last edited:
Congrats....i got engaged on Algonquin three and a half years ago!
Much better than the ring in the dessert tactic.....best wishes.

Aesop74 said:
Anyone else propose on a mountaintop?
Nothing so romantic. We were watching TV (MacGiver). Someone proposed on the TV. The conversation then went:

"Should we get married."
"OK. If you want."
"Realy?"
"I think so."
"When?"
"Wait until the commercial."

A mountaintop is a bit more romantic. Congratulations.

Congratulations!

I didn't propose to my wife on the mountain, props to you for the great idea! But, she did climb her first high peak (Whiteface) as a wedding present.
:D

I did the same thing on the same mountain on 10/4/1997 when I completed my 46. We were married a year later.

Funny, though.... On the 10 year anniversary of that date 2 weeks ago, I fondly rememberd finishing my 46, but not asking her to marry me (it took a couple of days and she mentioned it to me.... (why yes dear.... Asking you to marry me was the first thing I thought of when I thought of that day....)