Gps

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gremlin

Reaction score
Rockburn, Quebec, Canada living in an old (1830) o
My dog, Coal' and I are escaping Christmas to a hostel near Lake Placid. Can I get a northeastern, NY, map app for my Garmin 450 installed, say at EMS? I know it can be done over the 'net, but I am totally incompetent (there I said it and I'm glad - I feel better now).

Gremlin,

Don't feel 2 bad, I can load maps but I haven't a clue how to use my unit!! Can't seem to find the time to learn it either!

The best way would be to buy the maps from Garmin on DVD and load them onto a microSD card, but you stated in another thread that you cannot get BaseCamp to run. You can get free maps, but you you still need BaseCamp to load them onto the microSD card. (The details are in other recent threads.)

You can buy maps from Garmin on microSD cards. This is the most expensive way to buy them, but it gets around needing a computer to load the maps into your GPS. (The maps will be locked to the microSD card.)

If you know someone with the maps on his computer, he may be able to load them onto a microSD card for you. (This will depend on the maps--some are locked to an individual GPS.)

Doug