gregory z65 shoulder straps..

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

natron

Reaction score
After a handful of short backpacking trips, the last 6 months, I've come to a conclusion.. The gregory z65 is a good bag, BUT the shoulder straps suck! Just really uncomfortable and you feel like all the bag is on your shoulders. My friend did some miles with this pack and he too said the shoulder straps suck (just not me) anybody on here have this bag and issue? So do I buy a new bag for next year or modify the staps? personally I'd like to modify to save $! Thinking foam padding with duct tape? I'm sure there are better ways, any suggestions/input? PLEASE!!

You might try one of those sheepskin wraparounds they sell for seatbelts. They usually have about 3 snaps to hold them in place and will slide back and forth on the belt. They're especially popular with women in summer as the seatbelt can cut into/chafe the skin over their color bone. Could probably find them in auto parts stores/Amazon.

Thanx Kevin -I will investigate, prolly have to try and keep that sheepskin dry, huh?
Jake- I'm pretty sure they are crappy shoulder straps, paper thin.. I got the bag 70% off online.. It never would've been bought if I tried it on 1st, oh well.. I'm sure if I cut my weight down to under 30lbs, would help, but that aint happening at this point, trying not to buy new stuff right now..

Jake- yeah, I always load the heaviest stuff in the middle, middle weight on bottom and lightest on top, I've tried every adjustment imaginable. Thanx for your advice I do appreciate it, hoping that somebody with a z65 chimes in.. I really like Kevin's idea tho..

I once had a pack on which the shoulder straps were uncomfortable so I got better support for the hip, no easy task as I don't have much in the way of hips, and it helped a lot.