Grey, Skylite etc. Dec 29 & 30

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neil

Reaction score
A group of seven of us are converging on the Uphill Lean-to for the night of the 29th and will be exiting on the 30th of December. Our objective is to climb Grey and Skylite on the 29th and Redfield and Cliff on the 30th. Whether we actually achieve these lofty goals remains to be seen. Based on a recent thread I doubt we'll attempt the Flowed Lands approach on Cliff this early in the year. One thing is certain: we plan on having plenty of fun no matter what we do. Allthough our group size prohibits including anyone else I thought someone reading this might want to organize their own party and either do a dayhike in the area or stay at one of the nearby LT's or simply camp in the general vicinity. Even if you wait til we're gone you now know that there should be trails broken unless there's a big dump.

Bad new for You Neil

Hi Neil,

It will be a plan for Pinpin Junior to hike Cliff the december 30.
With all the rain was falling today I think the best way will be by the usual path.
Please stay in contact, You have one more rabbit & one more people if You like.

Pinpin Junior. ;)

We'll be in there. If you're dayhiking in from Upper Works we may be back down from Redfield when you arrive. Hopefully we'll meet up. Depends on when you start, how fast you go :rolleyes: and how the going is on Redfield. Joyeux Nöel!

Feldspar Brook

Neil, I climbed Sklight on the 22nd approaching from the Loj over Lake Arnold and up the Feldspar brook trail. This area had not seen any traffic in quite some time. In addition, there were no tracks coming from the Flowed Lands. If last weeks snow/ rain didn't knock out the trail, from Feldspar leanto to Skylight section should still be broken out.