Harriman State Park

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob Smith

Reaction score
This past Saturday my son and I parked at Lake Skannatati off of Seven Lakes Drive. We paddled around to the spill way and portage down to Lake Kanawauke and paddled the three sections and portage back up to Lake Skannatati, as we were close to our starting point we noticed two police cars and two park trucks in the lot, as we approached the shore a police officer was walking towards us and asked if we saw anything different? Thinking maybe we were in trouble I looked around and noticed no other boats in the water and replied "No Boats?" his reply was "No, the car you just paddled over!". To our surprise, sure enough there was a car (Range Rover) about 30 feet from shore and about 4 feet below water. Needless to say the owner's (husband and wife) was not too happy and I kept my questions to myself but you could see the police would be telling this story for awhile...

Be carefull out paddling, you never know what you can run into.

:D Did they check to see if they had a permit for their range rover so they can paddle the lakes? Were they driving with their PFD?

Jay