Has Anyone Got a Good Nickname For This Hiking Summer?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Everything's better when wet"
-Steve Miller Band, Jungle Love

Someone with more time and/or more passion for this sort of thing than me will be able to post the link... but I'm pretty sure it was the summer of 2003 that was so rainy The New York Times ran an article about the rare fungus/'shrooms that were sprouting up everywhere (including places like subways in the bronx). That remains in my mind the Summer of the Shrooms (although Chip is my hero for the Funghi-Town one!).

Perhaps the Summer of Dampened Enthusiam?

And you know hurricane season is just starting... ;)

Y'know, NewHampshire's rained out trip to the catskills got me thinking - is there a database online anywhere of volunteers that would rescue a trip like theirs? A list of folks that would offer an air mattress for the night, and use of the dryer? I was just thinking that if they had a place to go to get warm, dry, and deal with their gear, that might have salvaged the trip. Does such a thing exist?

Quietman said:
As Tom Rankin titled another thread, this is the "Summer of Shrooms".

That's for sure! Subtitle - summer hasn't seen this many mushrooms since the Summer of Love in 1967!

halia and flammeus said:
is there a database online anywhere of volunteers that would rescue a trip like theirs? A list of folks that would offer an air mattress for the night, and use of the dryer? I was just thinking that if they had a place to go to get warm, dry, and deal with their gear, that might have salvaged the trip. Does such a thing exist?

Sure - the members list! ;) :p

"I never knew how beautiful the rain could be,
I never stopped to notice."
~ Rollin, an AT Southbounder
from the film Southbounders.

I feel that way about rain, most especially in the summer.