Haystack #46 9-5-09 11:35 a.m.

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MtLady

Reaction score
Reached the Garden just in time. There were just three spots left. This turned out to be my lucky day all around:). Weather was perfect and I was ready to complete my 9 year journey.

Left the parking lot at 5:50 reaching JBL at 7:15. By 9:30 I had reached Slant Rock and decided to take my first break. While visiting with fellow hikers I heard a familiar voice. There was Snickers:D who ran up to greet me along with Highonlife who were headed for Basin. Great to see both of you.

Approaching Little Haystack I could see what everyone meant about being cautious:eek:. It was a bit tricky but loved every minute. Reached the summit by 11:35 with no disappointments at all. For sure the most beautiful views of them all.

So glad I saved this one for my 46th.;)

Congratulations on your finish! You couldn't have picked a better summit to do it on. Hope you have many happy days of hiking ahead!

Congratulations!

I chose to finish the ADK46 on Haystack as well, so I can certainly relate to the magical feeling of finally seeing the views from atop and what a great place it is to sit and take in the feelings of accomplishment and recall the hike to each peak in the distance.

Great job!

Congratulations! Great job. You know everyone here at work is cheering for you.

Now you can repeat your favorites, and go back to the ones with nice views that you might have missed because of weather. It's fun to be "done."

Congratulations! Great job. You know everyone here at work is cheering for you.

Now you can repeat your favorites, and go back to the ones with nice views that you might have missed because of weather. It's fun to be "done."

Thanks Tom, You helped me and encouraged me many times. Thanks for all your help.;)